Legal Geography Research Group
Legal geography research group has developed from our conceptual and empirical interest in legal spaces in various geographical contexts. For us, legal geographies concern law/space -relations, but equally the ways in which rights, duties, norms, desires and resistances are spatially performed or mis-performed, and legal spaces thus constituted. The current research topics include:
• the governing, controlling and policing of urban public spaces;
• visualities of legal spaces;
• relationality of urban planning;
• housing conflicts;
• landscapes of properties;
• carceral spaces of institutions;
• law and mobility.
Please feel free to contact us in case you want to know more about our research, or are interested in cooperation.
Contact: Adjunct Professor Päivi Rannila (paivi.rannila(at)utu.fi)