University of Turku Career Services organize My Finnish Career -coaching 17.1.–28.2.2022, focusing on career planning, Finnish working life and job seeking in Finland. The coaching is held in English and coordinated by University of Turku Career Services’ career counselors.
The coaching focuses on the following topics:
- How the Finnish labour market works
- The Finnish work culture
- Your strengths, skills and career interests
- Job seeking in Finland
- Conducting a job interview
The coaching is designed for:
- International master’s degree students at University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University
- Doctoral candidates, Ph.D’s and post-docs at University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University
Structure of the coaching:
The coaching is arranged remotely in Moodle and via Zoom. The coaching includes:
- Individual tasks and materials to help you with tasks
- Online meetings on January 17, February 7 and February 28, 2022, at 13:15–15:45. The first meeting is compulsory. Only those who’ve attended the meeting can start the coaching.
Application for the coaching is open from December 1 to December 19. Apply here!
Applicants will be notified of the selection by email on December 21. Maximum intake of participants is 30. If there are more than 30 applicants, participants will be selected based on motivation.
- Planning officer Fanny Kurppa firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planning officer Lotta Metsärinne email@example.com
The UNICOM project:
My Finnish Career coaching is part of the UNICOM-project (The Uniting Companies and International University Talents). The UNICOM-project responds to the lack of talents in companies located in Southwest Finland in pre-selected fields: Tech, Health and Clean. The project aims to increase the labor market’s openness and attractiveness to highly educated international talents already living in the region. The project is ESF funded and runs 1.3.2021–28.2.2023. Read more about the project and its actions here.