University of Turku Career Services organize My Finnish Career -coaching 20.4.–23.5.2022, focusing on career planning, Finnish working life and job seeking in Finland. The coaching is held in English and coordinated by University of Turku Career Services’ career counselors. The application for the coaching begins on March 14.
The coaching focuses on the following topics:
- How the Finnish labour market works
- The Finnish work culture
- Your strengths, skills and career interests
- Job seeking in Finland
- Conducting a job interview
The coaching is designed for:
- International master’s degree students at University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University
- Doctoral candidates, Ph.D’s and post-docs at University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University
The coaching includes:
The coaching includes materials and individual tasks in Moodle focusing on the Finnish labour market and work culture, job seeking as well as identifying personal skills and strengths. In addition the coaching icludes group meetings. The meetings will be held primarily face-to-face in Turku, but changes are possible depending on the Coronavirus situation.
The meetings are:
- Kick-off meeting on Wednesday, April 20 at 13:00–15:30
- Mid-term meeting on Tuesday, May 3 at 13:00–15:30
- Final meeting on Monday, May 23 at 13:00–15:30
NB: The kick-off meeting is compulsory. Only those who’ve attended the meeting can continue in the coaching.
Application for the coaching is open from March 14 to April 3. To the application form: https://konsta.utu.fi/Default.aspx?tabid=88&tap=12344
Applicants will be notified of the selection by email on April 7. Maximum intake of participants is 30. If there are more than 30 applicants, participants will be selected based on motivation.
Please note that Working Life Coach -programme will also be held from April to August, 2022. You can apply for both coachings.
- Planning officer Fanny Kurppa email@example.com
- Planning officer Lotta Metsärinne firstname.lastname@example.org
The UNICOM project:
My Finnish Career coaching is part of the UNICOM-project (The Uniting Companies and International University Talents). The UNICOM-project responds to the lack of talents in companies located in Southwest Finland in pre-selected fields: Tech, Health and Clean. The project aims to increase the labor market’s openness and attractiveness to highly educated international talents already living in the region. The project is ESF funded and runs 1.3.2021–28.2.2023. Read more about the project and its actions here.