Friday 19 May 2023 | 9.30am-12.30pm (UK time) | University of Leeds
This FREE HYBRID EVENT is funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union and organised by the University of Leeds.
The event will showcase some of the innovative ways in which digital technology is being used to enhance practical provision in the STEM disciplines at the University of Leeds, with a specific focus on virtual labs. Case studies will be drawn from the Biological, Physical and Environmental Sciences. Presentations will be combined with discussions on how virtual labs may enhance the learner experience, including the use learning analytics to guide personalised learning.
Case studies to be presented on the day are listed below. Full schedule details will be provided following registration.
- Virtual Bee-ality: education and engagement with insects in VR
- Real STEM Laboratories ReLOADed into the curriculum
- Virtual Landscapes: fieldwork training on screen
- HELIX: the University of Leeds brand new creative digital facility and associated VR capabilities
- Using learning analytics to guide student learning
To register attendance, please complete this MS Form. Deadline for registration is Tuesday 9 May 2023.
Professor Aysha Divan
Pro-Dean for Student Education
Faculty of Biological Sciences
University of Leeds
Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK
Tel + 44 (0) 0113 34 37536 | Email email@example.com | Location Roger Stevens Building 5.15