How do you become part of the Finnish working life? And what are the things you can do to enhance your possibilities to get a job?
The Career Services offer international university talents the possibility apply for a short-term Working Life Coach. In the Working Life Coach -programme, international university talents hear about working, job search and integration in Southwest Finland from highly educated and successful international alumni of Turku universities. The programme offers a good opportunity to network and to get to know the area’s employers and working life. The programme also includes the self-study package “How to Work in Finland”.
The programme emphasizes peer support and discussion among coaches and the participants, and it is based on openness, confidentiality and commitment. There will be four coaching groups and each group will consist of 1 working life coach and 3–5 participants. The coaching begins with an opening seminar in October and ends in December. The seminars will be held in English.
- Opening seminar on 26th of October at 16:00-19:00 at Aurum-building
- 3 meetings between the working life coach and the international talents (face-to-face/online)
- Closing seminar 14th of December at 16:00-18:00 at Aurum-building
The coaching is designed for:
- International master’s degree students at University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University who plan to stay in Finland after their studies
- Doctoral candidates, Ph.D’s and post-docs at University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University who plan to stay in Finland
About the Working Life Coaches:
- A PhD in Chemical Enginnering with Physical Chemistry/Materials Science.
Application for the programme is open from August 15 to October 17. Participants are chosen based on applications and will be notified of the selection by email on October 18, 2022.
To the application form: https://konsta.utu.fi/Default.aspx?tabid=88&tap=13148
Please note that My Finnish Career -coaching will also be held in the autumn of 2022. You can apply for both coachings.
- Planning officer, Lotta Metsärinne, email@example.com
- Planning officer, Anna Lagerroos, firstname.lastname@example.org
The UNICOM project:
The Working Life Coach -programme is part of the UNICOM-project (The Uniting Companies and International University Talents). The UNICOM-project responds to the lack of talents in companies located in Southwest Finland in pre-selected fields: Tech, Health and Clean. The project aims to increase the labor market’s openness and attractiveness to highly educated international talents already living in the region. The project is ESF funded and runs 1.3.2021–28.2.2023. Read more about the project and its actions here.