Welcome to the website of SustainBaltic
The main target of SustainBaltic (2016-2018) funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) under the Central Baltic Programme 2014-2020:
To increase cross-border planning in order to ensure that Estonian and Finnish
land-sea interfaces with human-ecological networks are preserved and further developed,
With the final outputs of four ICZM (integrated coastal zone management) cases:
1. Satakunta Coastal and Marine Tourism, Finland
2. Lääne-Viru Challenges of Seasonality, Multifunctionality and Community Cooperation, Estonia
3. Integrating the Ecosystem Services of the Kokemäenjoki River Valley into Land Use Planning, Finland
4. Spatial Development Plan for the Coastal Area between Hara Peninsula and Ristinina, Läänemaa, Estonia
SustainBaltic work with the FINAL OUTPUTS of four ICZMs
In its first project year (2016/2017) to present integrated human-ecological networks of the Finnish and Estonian project area. Those presentations you see at our dissemination events page The seminar held 13 June, 2017 in Tallinn. More: The detailed descriptions over the data integrations in Estonia and in Finland.
– During the second project year (2017/2018) the ICZM drafts prepared for two case areas in Satakunta Region in Finland and two cases in the counties of Lääne and Lääne-Viru in Estonia. The ICZM drafts evaluated by general public and stakeholders of the case areas.
– In November, 2018:
3. Kokemäenjoki River Ecosystem Services ICZM ENG Kokemäenjoki.pdf andFIN Kokemäenjoki.pdf; and two reports: the results of the map-based survey (FIN) Nordström_ym. 2018b.pdf and the introduction of the ecosystem services (FIN) Mononen ym. 2018.pdf
Ready for the implementation, and for further development based on our learning experiences to the other regions of the Baltic Sea as well outside of the Central Baltic Programme area.