BIIDEA – innovations in spaces of extended reality
BIIDEA (Blended Interactive Innovation Distance Ecosystem Architectures) inspects innovation processes in spaces of extended reality. The focus is on how innovations emerge and develop in virtual (VR), augmented (AR) and mixed realities (MR) and in their combinations in blended hybrid spaces of extended reality (XR) in which physical environment, people and mixed reality meet and blend into something novel and useful for the innovation processes.
- VR (virtual reality) means how simulated environment and world is experienced through digital technological items such as VR devices.
- AR (augmented reality) means how real physical environment and world are augmented with digital 3D elements.
- MR (mixed reality) means the combination of virtual reality and augmented reality.
- XR (extended reality) means how physical environment, people and mixed reality meet and blend.
- create a model of knowledge creation (from ideas to innovations) and supporting processes in VR+AR+XR environments
- map the VR+AR+XR business ecosystem in Finland and support cooperation within the ecosystem
- identify together with the enterprises the technical requirements for digital platforms of blended extended reality that support the emergence and development of innovations
- discover the market potential of technical platforms and services
- networking with the international stakeholders to support the Business Finland Co-innovation phase
- design co-creatively with the committed enterprises the project plan and applications for the Business Finland Co-innovation phase
During the project are produced also scientific and applied articles and reports in Finnish and English.
BIIDEA is funded by the Business Finland Co-creation instrument and the Geography Section of the University of Turku in 2020–2021. The project is hosted by the Geography Section of the University of Turku.
Report (in Finnish): Virtuaalialustat yritys- ja innovaatiotapahtumissa –
SHIFT Suomessa lokakuussa 2020 VirBELA:n virtuaalialustalla
Report (in english): Virtual 3D platforms in entrepreneurship and innovation
events during the COVID-19 pandemic. The case of SHIFT in Finland in October 2020 on the VirBELA platform.
If you are interested in BIIDEA and/or VR/AR/MR/XR in innovation processes, please, contact us!
Professor Jussi S. Jauhiainen (project leader), firstname.lastname@example.org, 050 448 1208
Katriina Eskola, email@example.com, 050 4777 362
Evelina Kuurne, firstname.lastname@example.org, 050 352 7006
Joona Silvola, email@example.com, 050 4721 333