The course Law in Diverse Societies: Critical Perspectives on Rights in Action (5 ECTS credits) is available in Peppi (course code TLS_0095-3001).
The course goals focus on students’ increased ability to:
- Discuss the law as form of governance and manifestation of power
- Identify categories and normativity in law
- Critically assess the imagined legal subjectivities behind rights
- Identify cultural assumptions embedded in the law’s notion of neutrality
- Engage in a range of rights affecting marginalised groups and critically engage in-depth in one thematic subject
The teachers of the course are Daniela Alaattinoğlu, Mehrnoosh Farzamfar, Mervi Leppäkorpi and Juho Aalto.