Empowering Patient Education 15th Anniversary Symposium
We invite researchers and professionals from various disciplines to the Empowering Patient Education 15th Anniversary Symposium. This event aims to foster collaboration and knowledge exchange in the field of patient education, health promotion and citizen empowerment. This event celebrates the 15th anniversary of the annual Empowering Patient Education (EPE) course.
Join us at the Empowering Patient Education 15th Anniversary Symposium in Finland to share your work, network with peers, and contribute to the advancement of knowledge in empowering patient education. Participation is free of charge. We look forward to your valuable contributions!
The symposium is organized by the Empowering Patient Education (EPE) Research Team at the Department of Nursing Science, University of Turku, Finland.
The presentation format is an oral presentation.
All abstracts will be peer-reviewed. Accepted abstracts will be included in the Abstract book, which will be shared with all the participants of the symposium. Outstanding submissions may also be considered for publication in an edited book in a publication series of the Department of Nursing Science, University of Turku.
Abstract Submission is closed.
The results of the abstract peer review will be sent soon.
This event is free of charge. The link to the registration opens here in September 2023.
Moderator: Saija Inkeroinen, Doctoral researcher, Department of Nursing Science, University of Turku
9:00-19:15 Opening and welcome
13:30-14:00 Panel discussion
18-19:30 Turku City Reception
To be announced.
The venue is Tyks T-hospital, part of Tyks Main Hospital in Turku, Finland.
Main entrance 18A.
The Haartman Auditorium is located one floor lower than the main entrance.
Turku can be reached by boat, train, and bus. The nearest airport is in Helsinki.
If you travel from Helsinki by train, please choose Kupittaa as a destination (not Turku).
Here are some examples of accommodation options in Turku. More options, such as hotels, hostels and apartments, can be found at online travel agencies, for example, booking.com.
- Almost next to the Department of Nursing Science and Tyks T-hospital, only a couple minute walk from the hotel
- The train from Helsinki to Turku arrives here at the Kupittaa station. At the moment, the main train station of Turku is under renovation, so all the trains that come from Helsinki stop at the Kupittaa station.
If you prefer a more central location, we would suggest some other option, even though the walk from the hotel to the city centre is not long, less than 2 km.
- Located in the city centre, less than a 1.7 km walk from the hotel to the Tyks T-hospital.
- Located in the middle of the city centre, a 1.8 km walk from the hotel to the Tyks T-hospital.
- Located in the city centre by Aura River, a 2.3 km walk from the hotel to the Tyks T-hospital.
- Located in the middle of the city centre next to Scandic Hamburger Börs, a 1.8 km walk from the hotel to the Tyks T-hospital.
- Located in the city centre, but closer to the harbour, a 3.5 km walk from the hotel to the Tyks T-hospital.
- The building is an old jail, which has an interesting history. In this area there are also a couple of really nice restaurants (Kakolan Ruusu, Kakola Brewery) and a nice spa, so we encourage you to visit here even though you would not book a room from here.
- Located near the University campus, a 1.1 km walk to the Tyks T-hospital, and 2 km from the city centre.
Hostels and B&Bs
- Located in the city centre, a 2.1 km walk from the hostel to the Tyks T-hospital.
- Quite affordable prices compared to hotels, for example, a single room from 49€ / night (including breakfast) or a double room from 65€/ night (including breakfast).
- S/S Bore is a museum ship, located near Turku Castle. A 4.2 km walk from the hostel to the Tyks T-hospital (the route is nice because you can enjoy the beautiful views around river Aura).
- Quite affordable prices compared to hotels, prices starting from 40€/ night (including breakfast).