Greenhouses and cafe are open Mon-Sun 11am – 5pm
Doors close at 4.50pm
Helping to protect you during your visit
We have introduced a number of health and safety measures to protect and reassure you when you visit our Gardens.
- You are welcome will receive a warm welcome at a distance.
- There are hand sanitiser units at entrance.
- There are protection screens at cafe.
- Wear a mask when you are in places where there are other people, including the toilet facilities.
- Wash your hands frequently with water and soap or use an alcohol-based or other hand sanitiser.
- Please observe two metre physical distancing – in queues too.
- Prefer the contactless payments.
- Wash your hands and cough in your sleeve
The University of Turku actively follows the changing coronavirus situation and obeys the authorities’ instructions. University’s Instructions on Coronavirus Situation.
Please send any further inquiries and questions primarily by email to email@example.com
At home You can take a virtual tour in the Paleotropical and Neotropical Houses of The Botanic Garden.
There are a plenty of interesting photographs and short videos in Garden’s Facebook and Instagram accounts.
Events at the botanic garden
It is now possible to explore the Paleotropical and Neotropical houses at the Botanical Garden in 3D.
Onneli, Anneli and nukutuskello -movie scenes at the botanic garden
Onneli, Anneli and nukutuskello -movie was filmed in Turku at the summer 2018. Parts of the film with the wind mill were shot in the University of Turku botanic garden.