12,50 €/person, minimum 25,00 €/trip.
Outside work hours an additional fee of 50,00 €/trip will be charged.
Weekends are priced by separate agreement.
All prices are given without VAT (10%).
|Boat transportation||University departments||Others|
|r/v Aurelia (driver + deck hand)||140,00 €/h||175,00 €/h|
|Seili 5 (driver + deck hand)||115,00 €/h||140,00 €/h|
|Seili 1||85,00 €/h||105,00 €/h|
|Seili 2 / Faster 515 / 445||70,00 €/h||85,00 €/h|
The fee for research instrument use will be determined by separate agreement. Any applicable trip and overtime costs incurred by the personnel will be added to the transportation prices according to current labour agreements and state travel regulations.
All prices are given without VAT (24%).
|Boat type||University departments||Others|
|Outboard motorboat (5 hp)||25,00 €/day + fuel||35,00€ + fuel|
|Faster 445 (40hp)||65,00 €/day + fuel||90,00 €/day + fuel|
|Faster 515 (60 hp)||70,00 €/day + fuel||100,00 €/day + fuel|
|Seili 2 (100 hp)||75,00 €/day + fuel||110,00 €/day + fuel|
|Seili 1 (200 hp)||110,00 €/day + fuel||150,00 €/day + fuel|
Boat rental rules and etiquette:
- Boat rental requires a personal permit from the permanent staff. Please contact Jari Hänninen, Katja Mäkinen or Petri Kinnunen well in advance (min. 1-2 working days) and during office hours (mon-fri, 08:00-16:00).
- Please note that the minimum rental period is one full day. The boat is considered to have been in use for 2 days if, for example, the departure has been on Monday and the return on Tuesday. If a rental exceeds the period of one week, the renter must supply an insurance to cover any possible damage to the boat.
- Overnight storing of the boat outside Seili harbour is forbidden without a consent from the ARI staff.
- It is important that both the provided rental form and the boat diary are carefully filled in with the required information soon after the rental period.
- The boat is rented with a full tank. The staff will deliver keys to the boat if not agreed otherwise. After the rental period, both keys and the rental form should be returned to the green mailbox as soon as possible. The mailbox can be found at the door of the workshop building (“Verstas” in Finnish).
- The boat driver is expected to have navigation experience in the archipelago. Please note that the driver is legally responsible for the boat and for the safety of everyone on the boat. All passengers on board have to follow the instructions of the driver.
- For safety reasons, the number of people on a boat shall not exceed the limit. Maximum number of persons allowed on each boat (including the driver): Faster 445: 4 persons/Faster 515: 6 persons/Seili 2: 5 persons/ Seili 1: 10 persons. NOTE! Other cargo (including dive gear) will reduce the maximum number of persons in the ratio of 70 kg = one person.
- All people on a boat with an outboard engine have to wear a life jacket at all times.
- It is absolutely prohibited to drive a boat under the influence of alcohol or to consume alcohol onboard.
- For safety reasons, we ask that before each trip someone at the station will be informed about the destination and estimated time of return.
- The driver of the boat has to clean the boat from trash etc., and remove all sampling gear after every trip. If the boat is returned significantly untidy, a cleaning fee of 25 euro/hour + 24% VAT will be charged from the renter.
- No equipment that belongs to the boat (e.g. anchor, bailer or tools) should be borrowed or removed from the boat.
- Malfunctions of motor, groundings etc. have to be reported immediately to the ARI’s service man Petri Kinnunen (Puh: +358 (0) 40 0619 967 OR +358 (0) 40 3586 458 (On call duty 24h). Do-it-yourself repairs are absolutely forbidden.
- The renter is obliged to pay all costs of any damage caused by an act of gross negligence or serious fault.
- The Institute reserves the right to change the terms and conditions. For a reasonable reason the station manager can grant discount from the prices in the price list.