Welcome to Turku International School!
- Turku International School offers primary (grades 1-6), secondary (grades 7-9) and upper secondary education (IB Diploma Programme).
- Basic education (grades 1-9) conforms to the Finnish National Core Curriculum, while the upper secondary education is based on the IB Diploma Programme.
- The language of instruction is predominantly English.
- The school is intended for foreign-born children living temporarily or permanently in the Turku region and for Finnish children returning to Finland after years abroad.
- The entrance exam for basic education (grades 1 – 9) for families moving to Finland from abroad during summer will take place on Friday the 7th of August. Detailed information will be sent to applicants via e-mail (based on the submitted online applications). In case of any questions please contact TIS principal: Mrs. Mirjam Virtanen.
- The new academic school year begins on Wednesday the 12th of August for:
- grade 1-6 at 9:15
Lower secondary school:
- grade 7 at 9.15 in the school lunch hall (1st floor)
- grades 8-9 at 10:30 in home classes
Upper secondary school:
- 1IBkv at 9:00 in the school auditorium (2nd floor)
- 2IBkv and 3IBkv grades at 10:00 in the school auditorium (2nd floor)
Holidays and School Calendar 2020-2021
Autumn term: Wed 12.8. – Sat 19.12.2020
- Autumn Holiday – Mon 12.10. – Sun 18.10.2020
- Christmas break – Sun 20.12.2020 – Wed 6.1.2021
Spring term: Thu 7.1. – Sat 5.6.2021
- Winter break – Mon 22.2. – Sun 28.2.2021
Education creates future